Hello everyone! Luna over at GamersUnitedGG Blog has nominated the Off The Field Gaming Blog for a Sunshine Blogger Award! First and foremost I would like to say thank you to Luna for the nomination! I definitely encourage everyone to stop by their blog for some amazing content on everything gaming, geek, and entertainment!
The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun. I’m taking a different approach and I will nominate some bloggers that are new followers and write amazing posts!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging as a way to get myself back into something I really enjoy, Gaming! I had started up two different jobs and realized I hadn’t been giving myself any time to play games or more realistically, I didn’t have a spare hour or two for gaming. This blog started as a way for me to follow video games and talk about video games, even if I didn’t have as much time for playing video games.
What is your favorite party game?
- My favorite party game, and it’s going to have to be a series of games, would have to be Mario Party. So many nights of my childhood were spent huddled around a Nintendo 64 with a group of friends or cousins yelling at each other who they should steal stars from or trying to knock everyone off the hill in bumper balls. I will say that Super Smash Bros. Melee was a very close second!
If you were in the Winter Olympics, what would you be your sport?
- If I were in the Winter Olympics my sport would have to be Snowboard-Cross. It has been a while since I’ve been up on the mountain but my buddies and I used to love racing down the lodge. Aside from the incredible danger of the sport, it looks like so much fun.
If you were in the Summer Olympics, what would be your sport?
- If I were in the Summer Olympics, I would definitely have to be in the Javelin throw. This was my favorite track and field event when I was in high school because of how satisfying it was to get a clean throw and watch the javelin fly through the air and stick straight into the ground. Also, it was awesome to feel like an ancient Aztec warrior throwing a spear across the battlefield.
Who’s your favorite Villain?
- This is a tough question so ill drop three answers, one for television, one for movies, and one for video games! For TV, my favorite villain would have to be Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell, from the Prison Break series. The character was equal parts creepy, disgusting, and also so damaged that it made you almost feel bad for him, well-written and excellent portrayed character. In the movies, my favorite villain is Jafar from Aladdin. The pure evil made him so easy to dislike and the addition of his comic-relief sidekick Iago just made the character that much better. Finally, in video games my favorite villain would have to be the Illusive Man from the Mass Effect series. His mystery included with forcing the player to work for him during Mass Effect 2 made for a great antagonist in the series.
Zombies, Aliens or Mutants?
- Another difficult question, but I’ll take zombies off the table straightaway, as much as I love The Walking Dead i would absolutely hate if these things ever existed. If were talking X-Men mutants then I think that would be amazing, as long as I got to be one, or at least be best friends with them… Alien’s are something I already believe exist, whether they’ve been here or not is a toss-up, but I cannot fathom that we are the only place with highly intelligent life in the entire universe. Long winded answer but to sum it up I think I would love to see X-Men style mutants!
In a horde mode, who or what are you fighting?
- In a horde mode I would have to be fighting either aggressive alien invaders or undead, incurable zombies. I know in most horde modes it’s a given that things are aggressive but I would never want to fight a possible friendly alien race if we just had a misunderstanding!
Describe your perfect day.
- My perfect day would have to include, waking up around 8:30am with nothing to do for the day. Sit down with a nice cup of coffee and fire up the Xbox. Sitting down to play whatever feels good at the time and bringing up Netflix on the laptop. Then I just settle into a comfy position on the couch. Just being able to have a free-day to myself with no responsibilities to play as many games as I possibly can and binge all the shows I’ve been waiting to catch-up on would be my ideal, perfect day.
What is your favorite video game genre to play?
- My favorite video game genre would have to be either Sports games or Open-world RPGs. As many gripes as I have with EA and the Madden series, it’s the only football game right now (DAMN YOU, NFL EXCLUSIVITY DEAL) and it also gives me a game to play with my best friend who lives 3,000 miles away on the other side of country. RPGs such as Skyrim, Borderlands, Fallout, Mass Effect, Fable, and the like are my favorites. The idea that I can play through this game end-to-end and have a vastly different experience from the next person is incredible. Being able to try different classes, skill combinations, and make different choices with different impacts really keeps me entertained.
If you could have a career in video games, what would you want to do?
- If I could have a career in video games it would have to be working in games media. After working a bit in sports media, the idea of having the access and ability to the behind-the-scenes side of video games is exciting. My car rides are pretty much filled with video game podcasts these days, so working for a company who produces things like that and has the insight and resources to create these would be incredible.
Once again, I would like to thank Luna for the nomination! Anyone is more than welcome to participate in these questions and I look forward to reading everyone else’s responses!
Ty-Cal Chatter – A newer blog I’ve followed, and though they’re a self-proclaimed Playstation Fanboy, I’ve still enjoyed the blog. Lots of great content on all things video-game and technology!
Joe – I Can’t Believe it’s not Blogger – A UK blogger who posts about sports games and is currently running a Man U challenge in Football Manager 2018!
Jordan – Large Pixels – A very thoughtful blog with a great aesthetic and lots of amazing screen grabs from the games they play.
Chipz – Chipz-n-Stix – A youtuber and blogger who has some great write-ups about comics, video games, and other forms of entertainment.
Clangeek – A great blog covering games and gamers of all types, from console to table-top.
Pix1001 – Shoot the Rookie – A very interesting blog by a self-diagnosed “bad” gamer. A very unique voice and some fun takes on different games.
Dan – The Couch Petito – Really excellent up and coming blog who has been doing a much better job than I about posting somewhat consistently!
- What is your first video game memory?
- If you’re a console player, which console generation so far has been your favorite?
- Who is your all-time favorite sidekick?
- Batman vs Superman, who wins?
- When did you first decide you wanted to write/blog?
- If you could live in any video game universe, which one would you choose?
- If you could have any movie turned into a video game, which movie and why?
- Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?
- How many hours did you spend on your longest marathon gaming session?
- When is the best time of day to play video games?
- How long is your perfect gaming session?
Last but not least, just another thank you to Luna for nominating me for this award! Make sure you go check out their blog at GamersUnitedGG and I look forward to reading everyone’s responses!